Respiratory-Related Surveillance Resources
The following links are publicly available surveillance resources. If you have suggestions for further key resources, please send them to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Statistics Canada's key socioeconomic database. Information on the health of the population, determinants of health, and the scope and utilization of Canada’s health services.
- Profiles the epidemiology of major non-communicable diseases in Canada including most current cancers, cardiovascular and respiratory diseases, by province/territory and by regional health unit.
- Taken from Life and Breath: Respiratory Disease in Canada, a 2007 PHAC report that utilizes the most recent available data for the surveillance of chronic respiratory diseases in Canada. (New Life and Breath report coming 2012.)
- Cancer, Cardiovascular Disease, Major Chronic Diseases On-Line, Notifiable Diseases, Injury Surveillance
- Disseminates information through weekly reports during the active influenza season and biweekly reports during the low season.
Public Health Agency of Canada
Respiratory Virus Detections/Isolations in Canada
- Reports on the presence of respiratory viruses; weekly.
Institute of Circulatory and Respiratory Health (ICRH) at the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)